Kali R. Backer represents corporate clients in a broad range of complex commercial disputes and employment matters in state and federal courts. Kali litigates and counsels clients in issues involving intellectual property, creditors’ rights, secured transactions, contracts and business torts.
Before joining Shook, Kali received her law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2011. Kali attended law school as a recipient of the school’s Dean’s Scholarship. While in law school, Kali was an editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law.
She also served as an intern for Google’s Litigation Department, in which she earned the Google Student Scholarship. Kali also held an externship with the Tennessee Department of Health General Counsel.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2011
- B.A., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Benjamin Franklin Scholar
- The Daily Pennsylvanian Arts & Entertainment Magazine, Managing Editor
- Editorial Intern at Time, Inc.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Tutor for low-income youth at MATCH Charter Public High School, Boston, Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$