Kamya B. Mehta is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, and compliance advice. Ms. Mehta has particular experience with matters involving compliance with foreign corrupt practices legislation.
Ms. Mehta joined Debevoise in 2012. She received a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2012, where she was the managing editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and an Arthur Littleton and H. Clayton Louderback Legal Writing Instructor. In 2008, she received her B.A. magna cum laude with high distinction from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Rolls-Royce in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with UK, U.S. and Brazil investigating authorities relating to bribery and corruption involving intermediaries in a number of overseas markets.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in connection with various federal investigations.
- American Airlines as special aircraft counsel, in winning approval in bankruptcy court to repay $1.3 billion in debt without payment of a make-whole premium over the objection of the indenture trustees.
- A major insurer in SEC and DFS investigations related to financial reporting and internal controls issues.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2012, J.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 2008, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$