Kane Burnette’s primary practice involves serving as bond counsel to municipalities, counties, boards of education and public corporations throughout Alabama on both publicly underwritten and privately placed tax-exempt financings.
Kane is particularly active in the public education sector, where he has represented both public universities and boards of education on tax and finance matters, and he currently serves on the faculty of the University of Alabama’s academy for finance training for new school superintendents and chief school financial officers.
In addition to bond counsel engagements, he has served as company counsel and bank counsel in letter-of-credit backed transactions, as lender’s counsel in direct placement transactions and as trustee’s counsel.
He also advises municipal clients on economic development and incentive matters. Kane has experience in representing governmental bodies in compliance matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
As an Alabama-licensed Certified Public Accountant (currently inactive), Kane worked in the Birmingham office of Ernst & Young LLP before attending law school.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude
- University of Alabama, Master of Accountancy, 2003
- University of Alabama, B.S., 2002, summa cum laude
Professional & Community Activities:
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Council of School Board Attorneys
Rate : $$$