Kapil Vishnu Pandit regularly counsels investors, including family offices, high-net-worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds, in connection with their investments in private investment funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds and fund of funds. He also represents fund sponsors in connection with the formation and operation of private equity and hedge funds and other alternative investment matters in various jurisdictions.
Before joining the firm, Kapil worked in India with AGM India Advisors Pvt. Ltd., an affiliate of Apollo Management, where he assisted with Apollo Management’s investment in Dish TV India Ltd. He also previously worked in operations and supply chain management for Lockheed Martin Corporation, where he participated in the Operations Leadership Development Program and was involved with projects in logistics, international offsets/industrial cooperation, lean manufacturing, six-sigma process improvement and subcontract management.
- Concentrates his practice on private investment funds and complex corporate transactions for institutional investors and private equity and hedge fund sponsors.
- Represented a global asset manager in the formation of a $1.5 billion fund of one for an employee retirement system.
- Acted on behalf of an investment advisor to high-net-worth individuals and family offices with investments into third-party managed private equity, hedge and venture capital funds.
- Represented an investment advisor in the formation of a fund of funds vehicle for a Canadian pension fund.
- Advised a prominent investment manager in the structuring and formation of investment fund vehicles for a private equity fund focused on stressed, distressed and special credit opportunities in India.
- Advised the financial investment arm of a sovereign wealth fund in raising new commitments from third-party investors and in its spinout from the sovereign wealth fund through a stapled secondary whereby a portfolio of private equity assets was syndicated through a structured fund solution.
- Counseled a family office of an ultra-high-net-worth individual in the spinout of its private equity team.
- Member, Board of Advisors, Alliance of Securities and Financial Educators.
- J.D., Howard University School of Law, 2009
- M.S., George Washington University, 2006
- B.S., University of Maryland, College Park, 2003
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$