Kara A. Hailey is Senior Attorney of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Kara Hailey’s practice focuses on corporate restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy, and domestic and cross-border financial transactions.
She regularly assists corporate debtors, creditors, investors and financial counterparties in bankruptcy-related transactions and out-of court workouts. She also frequently advises clients on debtor-in-possession financing, exit financing and loan forbearance.
Kara joined the firm in 1998 and became a senior attorney in 2009.
- Co-chair, Cleary Gottlieb New York office diversity committee
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2011-2012
- Executive Member, board of directors of the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy, a nonprofit organization
- Member, YWCA of the City of New York’s 2012 Class of the Academy of Women Leaders, for her professional achievements, contributions to the community and dedication to women’s and diversity initiatives
- Honorable Louis L. Stanton, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1999-2001
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1998
- Princeton University, B.A., 1993
- New York
Rate : $$$