Karen Chan’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and general corporate matters. Karen represents private and public companies, large institutional investors and emerging-growth companies in a wide range of industries, including technology, biotechnology, food and beverage and energy.
She also represents foreign airlines on a variety of corporate and U.S. regulatory matters and has experience in venture capital financings, executive compensation plans and real estate transactions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented California Public Employees Retirement System in $3 billion secondary sale of real estate investments to a unit of the Blackstone Group.
- Represented Jollibee Food, the largest restaurant company in the Philippines, in its acquisition of U.S. fast-casual burger chain Smashburger.
- Represented MP Biomedicals, a manufacturer of life sciences, fine chemical and diagnostic products, in the sale of the company to a Chinese state-owned enterprise, Valiant.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2014
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$