For clients of Karen DeSouza’s litigation practice, her passion for law is evident in the diligent and studious approach that she takes with their cases. However, her legal prowess benefits from deep roots – from managing complex projects that consist of millions of densely worded legal documents as a trusted source for eDiscovery needs, to supervising dozens of attorneys as a former eDiscovery Director, project manager and team lead.
After more than 15 years in the field, Karen’s record of reliability and devotion to her calling continue to set her apart.
- Served as project manager and team lead at a large oil and gas exploration company, where responsibilities included training outside counsel and document review lawyers on case issues; supervising primary and secondary review of documents for all phases of trial; and managing up to 44 attorneys and a deposition review team.
- Defended disputes related to Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations, drilling rig controversies, commercial litigation, engineering and construction breach of contract cases, and more.
- Handled the class action department of a Houston law firm, deposed numerous witnesses and attended hearings.
- Assessed cases to determine their settlement value, and analyzed and evaluated discovery production to determine their probative value in multi-party complex litigation cases.
- Houston Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association
- Women in eDiscovery
- Houston Chapter Secretary (2017 to 2018)
- Houston Chapter Assistant Director (2018 to 2019)
Community : St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church: Minister of Hospitality
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2001; Lex Terra, Assistant Editor
- B.S., Legal Studies, University of Houston, 1997
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$