Karen M. Dicke is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She has advised and represented clients in complex commercial litigation involving a wide variety of practice areas, involving issues such as professional liability including legal and medical malpractice, business torts, premises liability, insurance coverage, securities, employment-related issues, and construction defects.
Her cases have ranged in complexity from single party claims to large multi-party and class actions. She works closely with clients – from individuals and small businesses to large corporations and insurers – to develop and implement successful litigation strategies that best suit each client’s specific business needs, litigation exposure and budget.
She has the depth of experience to evaluate complex issues thoroughly and efficiently and to provide clear, decisive advice. She has obtained successful verdicts and summary dismissals in numerous cases.
Immediately after graduation from law school, Karen joined the United States Department of Justice, Environment & Natural Resources Division through the Honors Program. Since entering private practice, she has tried cases and argued appeals in state and federal courts.
She has defended professionals including lawyers, FINRA registered representatives & financial planners, broker-dealers, architects, engineers, physicians, nurses, business brokers, insurance agents & producers, insurance brokers, title insurance agents, abstractors, and home inspectors.
- Heidelberg University and University of Chile, Master of Laws (Investments, Trade and Arbitration), with maximum distinction
- Tulane Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, German Area Studies and Political Science
- State Bar Admissions, Louisiana, Washington
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- State Supreme Courts
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- State Appellate Courts
- Louisiana Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Texas Court of Appeals
- American Society of International Law
- Louisiana and Washington State Bar Associations
- State Bar of Texas
- Federal Bar Association
Rate : $$$