Karen O. Donnelly focuses her practice in the areas of energy and mineral title law. She has handled various complex oil and gas title issues, and has analyzed and interpreted deeds, contracts, agreements, assignments, and other title instruments.
Prior to her practice of law, Ms. Donnelly spent over twenty years as an oil and gas accountant, handling joint interests, revenue, gas balancing, suspense maintenance, escheat, state and federal reporting and acquisition and divestiture due diligence projects.
- Render title opinions of all types, including division order title opinions, for large and small operators covering both rural and urban lands in Texas
- Perform due diligence for the acquisition of mineral assets by various clients
- Perform independent research and prepared analysis of various state laws with respect to escheat for one of the major oil and gas companies
- Represent clients in delinquent ad valorem tax cases
- Assist clients in recoupment of overpaid royalties
- J.D. South Texas College of Law
- B.B.A. University of Houston (Accounting)
- Houston Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association, Energy Resources Section
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Advisory Board Member, Institute for Energy Law, 2010-2012
Rate : $$$$