Karen J. Garnett is a partner in the Corporate Department, and a member of the Capital Markets Group. Karen’s practice focuses on regulatory matters under the federal securities laws, equity finance transactions and public company advisory services.
Karen has extensive experience in applying and interpreting federal securities laws and regulations, including requirements governing public company registration, reporting and disclosure.
Karen joined Proskauer following almost 24 years on the staff of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Most recently, she was an Associate Director in the Division of Corporation Finance, where she led the disclosure review program.
Karen routinely provided guidance on a broad range of complex transactions and disclosure matters. She oversaw the work of several industry-focused review teams and has significant expertise in disclosure relating to REITs and commodity pools.
As a senior officer, Karen helped develop many of the Division’s policies and procedures, and she worked closely with staff across the SEC on matters involving broker-dealers, investment companies, and novel financial products.
- The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1986
Admissions & Qualifications : District of Columbia, Arkansas
- DC Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Corporate Law and Business Committee
- American Bar Association, Federal Regulation of Securities Committee
Government Service :
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission – Division of Corporation Finance, 1995-2018
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission – Division of Investment Management, 1994-1995
Rate : $$$