Karen Kim works in a broad range of practice areas, including construction, corporate, real estate, trademark and commercial litigation. She provides general counsel to design professionals, such as architecture firms and architects, including compliance with state and board requirements and new legislation.
During law school, she interned with Magistrate Judge Michael H. Dolinger of the United States District Court (S.D.N.Y.), the Division of Enforcement at the New York Stock Exchange, the ASPCA, Lee Anav Chung White Kim Ruger & Richter LLP (formerly Yi Cho & Brunstein, LLC) and JCDecaux North America.
Before law school, Karen worked in the consulting and publishing industries. She also studied at Seoul National University and interned at Bae, Kim & Lee in Seoul, the second largest law firm in Korea.
- Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy (CBLA), Leadership Certificate (2016)
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. (2007)
- Seoul National University, Language Education Institute, Certificate, Korean Language Program and Chinese Character Course (2003)
- The University of Chicago, B.A. with Honors in English Language and Literature (2000)
- New York
- New Jersey
- Committee on Character and Fitness for the 2nd, 10th, 11th and 13th Judicial Districts, Member
- Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York (KALAGNY), President
- New York City Bar Association, Minorities in The Profession Committee Member
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Member
- Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY), Secretary 2013-2014 and Litigation Committee Co-Chair 2012-2014
Rate : $$$