Karen E. Sheffer focuses her practice on workers’ compensation appeals and medical malpractice cases. A tenacious team player, she is diligent and seeks efficient solutions to meet her clients’ needs.
Karen also works as a magistrate for the mayor’s court in a local suburb, and is legal adviser to a local suburban police department, providing her with additional insights into all aspects of the law.
- Handled .512 workers’ compensation appeals. Drafted compensation settlements for self-insured clients, including those requiring Medicare set-aside provisions, and drafted briefs in mandamus actions.
- Assisted in a medical malpractice case. Prepared an analysis of the client’s potential liability exposure and of potential damages, and identified and vetted potential medical experts.
- Advised a hospital client on issues related to mandatory reporting requirements under Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Extension Act.
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Ohio Municipal League
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1979
- B.A., Ohio Northern University, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1983
Rate : $$$$