Karen Staib practices in the areas of complex business and commercial litigation, particularly in franchise and petroleum marketing matters, including representing major refiners and wholesalers in all aspects of petroleum marketing-related counseling and litigation, particularly dealer terminations under the PMPA and complex multi-dealer litigation involving claims related to pricing, rent, assignment and other franchise-related issues.
Karen regularly represents clients in state and federal courts, both at the trial and appellate levels. Prior to joining the firm, Karen was a law clerk to the Honorable Flemming L. Norcott, Jr., of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
Karen currently serves as Chair of the firm’s Hiring Committee.
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court: President (2011-2012); Member (2003-present)
- American Bar Association: Forum on Franchising; Petroleum Marketing Committee of the Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (SEER), Co-Chair
- Connecticut Bar Association: Federal Practice Section
- Hartford County Bar Association: Board of Directors (2009-2012)
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1998, with honors
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1994
Rate : $$$