Karen Trapnell Shriver takes a multidisciplinary approach to advising clients on employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation plans, executive compensation arrangements, welfare benefit plans, benefits issues arising in M&A transactions, and fiduciary responsibility under ERISA.
Karen is an associate in the employee benefits and executive compensation practice. She focuses on the design and ongoing compliance of qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation plans, executive compensation arrangements, and health and welfare plans for public and private companies.
She also provides advice on a variety of employee benefits matters arising in mergers and acquisitions, as well as issues of fiduciary responsibility under ERISA.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a privately owned food company in the design and implementation of an employee stock ownership plan.
- Represented a nonprofit organization regarding a voluntary correction of tax qualification errors involving a qualified retirement plan under the IRS’ Voluntary Employee Plans Compliance Resolutions System.
- Represented a fiber-based service provider in the review, negotiation and drafting of third-party service provider agreements.
- Advised a health solutions company on the implications of marketing an innovative product offering as medical care, a wellness program or an employee assistance plan.
- Advised a bank on the standards of fiduciary duty prescribed by ERISA in connection with a proposed sale of closely held stock from an IRA.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Professional Development Subcommittee, Troutman Sanders Women’s Forum
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Professional Experience :
- Experienced Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC, 2011-2013
- Summer Associate, Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc., Legal Department, 2010
- Legal Extern, U.S. Trustee Bankruptcy Externship, 2009
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2011
- Wake Forest University, B.S., 2003, Business
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS : Supreme Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$