Karine Bohbot is a founding partner at Bohbot & Riles. Born in France, she immigrated to the United States with her family as a young child and became a U.S. Citizen. A University of California, Santa Barbara undergraduate, Ms. Bohbot went on to receive her J.D. from UC Hastings College of Law and has been in practice since 1998.
She specializes in employment, personal injury and immigration law. She also provides Human Resource consultation in her work to ensure safe and healthy workplaces for employees and employers alike.
She has successfully represented employees against a wide variety of businesses and government entities, in matters of race, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability and gender discrimination, cases of sexual and racial harassment, retaliation, whistle-blowing and wrongful termination. In 2009, Ms. Bohbot was a finalist for the prestigious San Francisco Trial Lawyer of the year award by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
In 2011, she was honored by the City of Lancaster for her work in obtaining a significant verdict in a gender discrimination and hostile work environment case against a nationally known long haul trucking company. In 2012, Ms. Bohbot was a finalist for the prestigious Consumer Attorneys of California Street Fighter of the Year award.
Ms. Bohbot is admitted to practice in the State of California, the United States District Court, Northern District of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Bohbot is a member of the State Bar of California, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Alameda County Bar Association, Women Lawyers of Alameda County, and the Society of Human Resource Management.
Ms. Bohbot is the President-Elect of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association. Ms. Bohbot also serves on the Boards of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association and Adopt-A- Special- Kid as well as the Advisory Board of the Future Leaders for Social Change Academy.
- California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, J.D. – 1998
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California, B.A. – 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2003 – Present
- Alameda County Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member of Board of Directors, Member, 2011 – Present
- Women Lawyers of Alameda County, 2009 – Present
Rate : $$$$