Karl Neumann’s practice involves counseling and representing clients in a wide range of litigation matters including medical malpractice, medical device, products liability, breach of contract, real property, construction, liquor liability/dram shop, wrongful death, personal injury, premises liability, and maritime and admiralty.
Karl handles all phases of litigation from initial investigations to trial and also advocates for clients at the appellate level. Karl has experience representing a diverse set of clients and has significant industry knowledge to address the particular needs of each.
His clients have included medical providers, medical device and general product manufacturers, general and subcontractors, landowners, utility companies, technology companies, and governmental entities including the State of Washington.
Karl received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law and his Bachelor of Arts in law, societies and justice from the University of Washington. At Illinois Law, Karl made the National Team for the Frederick Green Moot Court Competition and was an administrative editor for the Journal of Law, Technology & Policy.
Karl received the CALI Award for counseling, fact negotiation and interviewing and received honors in legal research. During his 1L summer, Karl was a judicial intern to the current Chief United States District Judge Jose L. Linares of the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal, and an award of fees and costs from the trial court, in a matter involving maritime breach of contract and wage claims under the Jones Act.
- Defended a product specification developer regarding an intraoral medical device. The matter involved claims centered on California Department of Health licensing.
- Defended an international exporter of agricultural products in a matter involving issues pertaining to international subrogation from a foreign entity and the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Defended a contractor against building remodel claims regarding contractor licensing, defect and delay, fraudulent inducement, and the Consumer Protection Act.
- Defended a general contractor in a matter regarding alleged defects in hydronic piping and insulation at a major water research facility.
- Defended a general contractor against claims for alleged workplace safety deficiencies on a construction project in downtown Seattle.
- University of Illinois College of Law , J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- University of Washington, B.A., 2010
BAR ADMISSIONS : Washington
- Washington Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$$