Karl Paulson Egbert advises asset managers and their funds on regulatory, corporate and business matters. Karl has practiced in New York, London, Hong Kong and Washington, D.C., working on fund formation, listed funds, private equity and capital markets transactions.
Karl has spoken at various industry seminars on a wide range of topics including access to Chinese securities markets (Stock Connect, QFII, RQFII, CIBM), and other regulatory issues for investment managers.
He is regularly quoted in publications including the Financial Times, the South China Morning Post, Ignites Asia, Asian Venture Capital Journal and Reuters. He is an adjunct professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law Center.
Karl has significant experience in advising global hedge fund managers with respect to fund formation and negotiation with strategic investors. He also assists international financial institutions and fund managers on a wide variety of regulatory issues, including SEC adviser registration and exemptions, expansion into China and strategic advice in anticipation of regulatory initiatives, such as Stock Connect and OTC derivatives reforms.
- University of Michigan (JD) (2001)
- Yale University (BA) (1996)
- District of Columbia~United States (2006)
- New York~United States (2004)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- New York City Bar Association – Member
- New York City Bar Association – Private Investment Funds Committee – Member
- Alternative Investment Management Association Hong Kong Regulatory Committee – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Providing advice to Europe and Asia-based advisors on US law and SEC adviser registration.
- Guiding Asian and European asset managers through the process of expansion into the United States.
- Advising global financial institutions on the impact of OTC derivatives reforms.
- Counseling of asset managers and financial institutions on Stock Connect and other means of accessing Mainland Chinese markets and investors.
Rate : $$$