Kat Statman is a litigation associate in Baker Donelson’s Houston office. Mr. Statman’s litigation experience and practice covers a broad variety of matters in both state and federal courts throughout the nation.
As a litigator he has handled a diverse array of matters involving toxic torts, water handling systems and water treatment chemistry, products liability, first party and third party insurance defense, maritime claims and defenses, construction, and aviation.
Mr. Statman also has experience in regulatory matters and claims under the Oil Pollution Act and related issues. He has developed a particular interest in advising clients in a variety of areas related to the maritime and offshore industries.
Mr. Statman previously worked as a student caseworker at the Washington & Lee University School of Law Black Lung Legal Clinic litigating claims under the Black Lung Benefits Act and related regulations.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Colorado at Boulder, M.A., 2010
- Bard College, B.A., 2008
- Texas, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Chair – ABA TIPS Law In Public Service Committee
- Chair – ABA TIPS Task Force on Hurricane Relief
- Vice Chair – ABA TIPS International Law Committee
- Member – ABA TIPS Business Litigation Committee
- Past Co-chair – ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) Standing Committee on Law Students
Rate : $$$