Ms. Kate E. Janukowicz handles a wide range of criminal and complex business matters in both state and federal courts throughout New Jersey and New York. Her commercial litigation practice focuses primarily on researching and briefing discovery and dispositive motions in connection with securities and common law fraud, class action defense, and construction matters.
In her criminal practice, she has prepared legal briefs for trial and appellate matters, arguing intricate matters of criminal procedure and substantive legal issues, from selective prosecution to sentencing modifications.
She also has considerable experience conducting interviews and preparing reports related to internal investigations. In addition, Ms. Janukowicz has been a member of several trial teams in high-profile matters, where she assisted in the preparation of pretrial motions and complex jury instructions.
Ms. Janukowicz is an active participant in the firm and broader community. She is a member of the Gibbons Diversity Initiative and the Community and Service Outreach Committee of the Gibbons Women’s Initiative.
In addition, she maintains an active pro bono practice that has included representing students requiring special education services, defendants in criminal proceedings and, most recently, a plaintiff alleging that his constitutional rights were violated by correctional officers acting under the authority of the state while he was incarcerated.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- Articles Editor and Symposium Board Member, Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law
- Student Attorney, Juvenile Justice Clinic
- New York University (B.A., cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Trustee, Women in the Profession Section
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- John C. Lifland American Inn of Court Pupil
- Completed National Institute for Trial Advocacy Deposition Skills Program
- Law clerk to the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden, U.S.D.J., United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2012-2013
Rate : $$$