Kate Schwartz is a Partner of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. Ms. Schwartz represents clients in a broad range of complex litigation matters, with a concentration in the areas of labor and employment, civil rights, and constitutional law. She was recently recognized by Leading Lawyers Network as an Emerging Lawyer recommended in Civil Rights/Constitutional Law and Employment Law.
Ms. Schwartz litigates in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, and has experience resolving employment issues ranging from discrimination and accommodation claims, to wage-and-hour issues. In 2018, Ms. Schwartz was honored by the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless for providing outstanding contributions to justice for those experiencing homelessness in the course of her civil rights practice.
Ms. Schwartz joined the firm in 2015. Prior to joining the firm, she was an Assistant Appellate Defender at the Office of the Illinois State Appellate Defender, where she obtained significant relief for her clients, including outright reversals of conviction and remands for a new trial. Ms. Schwartz also previously worked as a litigation associate at Arnold & Porter, LLP, in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Schwartz graduated magna cum laude from Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, where she was a staff editor and published note author for the Washington University Law Review, a successful two-time competitor on the ABA National Moot Court Team, and a Legal Practice teaching assistant.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D. 2010, magna cum laude)
- University of Michigan (B.A. 2007, with high distinction)
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- Michigan (2010)
- District of Columbia (former member) (2011)
- Illinois (2012)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
Rate : $$$$