Kate Semmler Cornelius’s practice focuses on commercial and securities litigation matters. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants in an array of business, healthcare, and oil and gas litigation, including fraud, contract, products liability, personal injury, and insurance disputes brought in federal and state courts.
Additionally, she has represented a range of local and international clients, including upstream and midstream oil and gas companies, healthcare companies, oilfield service companies, and waste services companies.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Kate was an associate handling complex commercial and business litigation in the Houston office of a large international law firm. Prior to entering private practice, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Marcia A. Crone of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
At the University of Texas School of Law, Kate graduated with High Honors and served as a member of the Texas Law Review and Articles Editor of The Review of Litigation. While in law school, she was named a Chancellor, an honor given to the sixteen law students who achieve the highest grade point averages in their class through their second year. In addition, she is a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Member of the trial team for oil and gas client that achieved $30 million verdict for a failed software implementation.
- Represented healthcare client and obtained complete dismissal of a 21-count complaint in Texas federal court.
- Obtained $1.8 million victory for oil and gas client before accounting referee in closing dispute.
- The University of Texas School of Law, JD, with High Honors, Order of the Coif, Member, Texas Law Review, Vol. 90; Articles Editor, The Review of Litigation, Vol. 30, 2009
- Trinity University, BS, Business Administration, cum laude, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$