Katharine A. Martin is chair of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s board of directors and a partner in the firm’s Palo Alto office, where she practices corporate and securities law. Katie previously served as a member of the Policy Committee and as the leader of its business law department.
Katie has extensive experience in representing public companies. Her practice includes all aspects of company representation, including corporate governance, SEC compliance, 1934 Act issues, public offerings, private placements, and mergers and acquisitions.
She also has represented underwriters in public offerings and issuers and investors in private equity financings.Katie joined Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in 1999, after 12 years at Pillsbury Madison & Sutro LLP, where she was a partner. She is a frequent speaker on corporate and securities law, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisition topics, presenting at such venues as PLI, Corporate Board Member, and the SEC Institute.
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1987
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1984
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Board of Directors, YMCA of Silicon Valley
- Former Director, Nuance Communications, Inc.
- Director, WildAid, an international nonprofit wildlife-preservation agency
- Director, WSGR Foundation, a nonprofit organization
- Former Director, The Ronald McDonald House at Stanford, a nonprofit organization
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$