Katharine L. Platt focuses her practice in the area of labor and employment law. She represents employers in both the public and private sectors in a broad range of labor and employment matters and provides advice with respect to litigation prevention and compliance with state, federal, and administrative labor and employment laws and regulations.
In addition to her labor and employment practice, Katharine has a background in civil defense litigation, including construction, civil rights, municipal liability, antitrust, and complex commercial litigation, and has represented clients in both state and federal court.
- Provided counseling to HR personnel at large supermarket chain concerning all aspects of FMLA and ADA compliance
- Conducted internal audit of disciplinary policy administration at client’s warehousing operations
- Sought summary judgment for wireless communications manufacturer and distributor in asset purchase dispute
- Prepared numerous post-hearing arbitration briefs regarding issues of contract interpretation, discipline and discharge, claims on hours, and workplace violence
- J.D. Duquesne University School of Law, cum laude
- B.S. Allegheny College, magna cum laude
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Research and Writing, Labor Law, and Working Parents and the Law
- Family House Young Business Leaders Board
- United Way Women’s Leadership Council
Rate : $$$