Katherine Lawler is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Baltimore office where she concentrates her practice on defending companies in mass tort and personal injury matters. She has defended hospitals, product manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers on local, regional, and national levels. She has managed numerous local and national trial teams, developing effective trial themes and case evaluation strategies.
Over nearly a decade as a litigator, Mrs. Lawler has developed complex medical and scientific defenses, corporate defenses, and corporate and expert witnesses. She has experience building strategic themes across multiple disciplines to tell clients’ stories at trial. In addition, she counsels clients on litigation risk and strategy across a variety of jurisdictions and issues.
Along with tort litigation, Mrs. Lawler devotes part of her practice to pro bono cases in the areas of family and special education law.
- Syracuse University College of Law, JD (2008)
- University of Notre Dame, BBA (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Maryland Defense Counsel: Judicial Selections Committee Vice-Chair (2017-present); PAC Chair (2016- 2017); PAC Treasurer (2017-present)
Rate : $$$$