Katherine C. Den Bleyker is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a vice-chair of the Wage & Hour Class Action Practice. She has extensive experience litigating complex cases in both state and federal court, including class action matters involving California’s consumer protection statutes, wage and hour regulations, unfair competition laws, and the Private Attorneys General Act.
Additionally, Ms. Den Bleyker defends employers against claims brought by individual employees involving alleged harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage claims, both in court and before the relevant administrative agencies.
Ms. Den Bleyker also provides preventative counseling to employers on various employment issues including compliance with wage and hour laws, employee terminations and discipline, and crafting employee policies, in an effort to help reduce the risk of litigation.
- Fordham University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Associations : Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith as a partner, Ms. Den Bleyker was an associate at another major Los Angeles defense firm. Ms. Den Bleyker also has experience litigating cases from the plaintiffs’ side, giving her invaluable insight into the thought process and litigation strategies of plaintiffs’ counsel.
Rate : $$$