Katierine M. Harrington is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department, where she focuses her practice on energy litigation. She represents clients involved in complex litigation disputes and appellate matters, primarily in the energy, oil and gas, and oilfield services industries.
Katie is involved in all aspects of a case, including motion practice, written discovery, depositions, hearings, settlement negotiations, trials, and appeals. She also counsels clients on general business matters, helping them to minimize risk and avoid litigation.
Katie brings to the table a unique insight by having served as a briefing attorney for Justice Ken Wise of the 14th Court of Appeals in Houston as an intern for Judge David Hittner of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
In addition to these roles and prior to joining the firm, Katie also served as a law clerk for a Houston-based international oil company, where she became familiar with the environmental, contract, and other issues that her energy clients face.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law (2014), summa cum laude
- Member, South Texas College of Law, Law Review
- Recipient, Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award
- Order of Lytae, Order of Barristers
- Recipient, Outstanding Female Graduate Award
- B.A., Texas A&M University (2011), cum laude
- Texas (2014)
- Texas State Courts (2014)
- Southern District of Texas
Professional Affiliations :
- Vice President of Communications, Association of Women Attorneys
- Member, Mayor Sylvester Turner’s LGBTQ Advisory Board
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Co-chair, HYLA Leadership Academy
- Trustee, Association of Women Attorneys Foundation
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
Rate : $$$$