Katherine C. Hughes is the firm’s full-time Pro Bono Attorney, working with Director of Pro Bono Practice Jennifer L. Kroman to manage the firm’s award-winning pro bono practice. Katherine rejoined the firm in 2017 as Pro Bono Attorney.
Katherine maintains an active docket of pro bono work focused primarily on advising nonprofit organizations, small businesses and social enterprises.
She was an associate at the firm from 2011 to 2015, working on domestic and international financing transactions for corporate borrowers and public-private partnerships.
During her years at the firm, Katherine was an active participant in the pro bono program, primarily working with nonprofits on incorporation, tax exemption and related matters, and with small businesses on their varied legal needs. She also participated in Cleary’s pro bono externship program at Lawyers Alliance for New York, where she provided business legal services to New York nonprofits.
From 2015 until rejoining the firm, Katherine was the general counsel of a $20 million nonprofit focused on providing insurance, educational and patient safety services to the nation’s leading network of women’s reproductive health care providers.
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Fordham Law School
- Board Member, Island Kids, Inc., 2015-present
- Member, Pro Bono and Legal Services Committee of the NYC Bar Association, 2015-present
- Member, Association of Pro Bono Counsel
- Past Member, International Human Rights Committee, NYC Bar Association, 2010-2013
- Fellow in International Human Rights Law, Fordham Law School, 2009-2011
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Fordham University, M.A., 2008
- University of London, M.Sc., 2005
- Emerson College, B.F.A., 1997
- New York
Rate : $$$