Katherine Judith Levy helps her clients successfully preserve, manage and transfer their wealth. An experienced practitioner, she is the “go-to” lawyer for a diverse group of clients seeking advice on issues ranging from estate planning and trust administration to employee benefits, business succession planning and tax planning.
Katherine’s training as a CPA is indispensable to her understanding of her clients’ complex tax and business issues. She offers astute legal advice by leveraging both business-related insights and her extensive legal experience.
Katherine has established long-term, trusted relationships with clients who repeatedly call on her to help them resolve critical issues. Her approach is strategic: whether by working with in-firm colleagues or by directing clients to outside resources, Katherine excels at getting clients through their problems.
Katherine’s experience extends to:
- Helping owners of family and closely held businesses resolve succession issues, so that they can pass their businesses down to lower generations without selling the business or incurring a significant tax burden.
- Counseling clients on employee benefit and executive compensation issues.
- Helping private clients with estate planning and estate and trust administration.
- Advising non-profit entities with respect to organizational structure, planned giving, tax matters and corporate governance.
- Advising private companies on tax planning, including the structuring of limited partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies and S corporations.
- Counseling clients on contested tax matters.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1980
- DePaul University, M.S., Taxation, 1973
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Tax Court
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association, Federal Taxation Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Lake County
- Beta Alpha Psi, National Accounting Honorary Fraternity
- Iota Sigma Epsilon, Management Honorary Society
- Professional Council for Philanthropy of Northwestern Memorial Foundation
Rate : $$$