Katherine M. Bolger is an experienced First Amendment and media litigator who has represented news and entertainment companies in a broad spectrum of content-related matters, ranging from investigative journalism to coverage of celebrities.
In addition to defending media clients in court, Kate regularly counsels newspapers, magazines, and book publishers about pre-publication issues and advises authors on contract, electronic publishing, and intellectual property matters.
Chambers USA reports that clients have described Kate as “incredibly bright, very strategic and an exceptionally strong writer” who is “a very effective litigator” and “the lawyer I would want the most in a New York state court street fight.” Before joining DWT, Kate was a partner at Levine Sullivan Koch & Schultz LLP.
- Partner, Levine Sullivan Koch & Schultz, LLP, July 2012-August 2017
- Associate, 2002-2007; Partner, 2007-2012; Hogan Lovells LLP, New York, NY
Professional & Community Activities:
- Governing Committee, ABA Forum on Communications Law, 2014-2017
- ABA First Amendment and Media Litigation Committee, 2014-2017
- Former Co-chair, ABA Women in Communications Law Committee
- Former Chair, Media Law Resource Center, Entertainment Law Committee
- Adjunct Professor, Fordham University School of Law, 2015-2017
- Instructor, New York University, School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1998
- B.A., History, University of Virginia, 1994, with distinction
Rate : $$$$