Katherine C. Pickens focuses her practice on commercial real estate and corporate finance transactions. Katie focuses on commercial real estate and corporate finance transactions, with an emphasis on transactional work for financial institutions, including real estate financing, loan syndications and participations, public debt and equity financings, asset-based loans, construction and development, and loan workouts and restructurings.
She also has experience advising clients in connection with retail and office leasing matters, and real estate acquisitions and dispositions. Katie is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the origination of a $100 million syndicated mortgage loan, secured by a 129,000- square-foot data center in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the origination of a $65 million syndicated mortgage loan, secured by an office building in Manhattan.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $65 million subscription line of credit to a REIT borrower.
- Represented a lender, as bond purchaser, in connection with several non-bank qualified, tax-exempt construction loans to construct affordable family housing projects in Washington, DC.
- Represented various lenders in connection with financing for the acquisition of several gas station portfolios, totaling more than 300 stations in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC.
- Represented lenders in various transactions secured by real and personal property.
Assisted with representing lead and participating lenders and borrowers in syndicated commercial loan transactions, secured and unsecured.
- Represented clients in connection with real estate acquisitions, dispositions, office and retail leasing, construction, corporate formation and corporate governance issues.
- JD, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, magna cum laude, Senior Notes Editor, George Mason Law Review, 2007
- BA, English, Hamilton College, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
- District of Columbia
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$