Katherine P. Sandberg incorporates value, efficiency, and creativity to aggressively defend clients in complex state and federal employment and trade secrets litigation. Katherine has extensive experience in wage and hour class actions and high-stakes trade secrets litigation.
She also has a demonstrated track record of favorable outcomes in federal and state courts for clients facing claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and unfair competition.
Moreover, she has guided clients through difficult interactions with administrative agencies and claimants to resolve disputes before lawsuits are ever filed.
Katherine also has significant experience defending business owners in public accommodation access litigation involving claims of inaccessibility of facilities filed under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, and various federal and state regulations.
- Defended international package shipping company in wage and hour class actions, harassment and discrimination claims, and breach of contract disputes.
- Drafted amicus curiae brief to the California Supreme Court on behalf of trade association client regarding applicability of arbitration agreements on the Berman hearing process.
- Defended international manufacturing company in wage and hour class action involving claims of interrupted rest breaks pursuant to Augustus v. ABM Securities.
- Defended international restaurant chain in Title III ADA and California Unruh Civil Rights Act litigation.
- Prosecuted suit under the Defend Trade Secrets Act and the California Uniform Trade Secrets Act on behalf of an insurance company arising from the theft of client data by a former employee and his new employer.
- Provides advice and counsel on employment matters, including reasonable accommodations and interactive process under the ADA AB 1825 sexual harassment prevention training, and compliance with California wage and hour laws.
- JD, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, with distinction, Chief Managing Editor, McGeorge Law Review, 2014
- BS, California State University, Sacramento, 2010
Rate : $$$$