Katherine R. Sinatra defends companies in business and employment litigation matters nationwide. She has won defense verdicts in jury-tried cases claiming retaliation, gender, disability and race discrimination and obtained numerous summary judgments for her clients.
Katherine routinely defends complex, multi-plaintiff actions involving wage and hour compliance and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and she has defeated class certification for clients facing mass actions in California, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Katherine spent seven years as the lead attorney coordinating the defense of multiple wage and hour class actions consolidated by the JPML. Additionally, she handles cases alleging harassment, age, disability, race, national origin, religious discrimination, breach of contract, negligence and claims involving the FMLA.
Katherine is known for thinking “outside the box” when structuring settlements for her clients and her effective negotiation skills have brokered countless favorable out-of-court resolutions. Katherine is formally trained in dispute resolution and has fulfilled the mediation training requirements of the Missouri and Kansas Supreme Court rules.
Katherine is approved as a mediator for the Mediation and Assessment Program of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. In 2014, KC Business named Katherine among Kansas City’s most “Influential Women.”
In addition to her successful practice representing corporate clients, Katherine regularly serves her community by finalizing adoptions of foster care children, having finalized the adoptions of more than 50 children pro bono.
Katherine has also served as president of the Angel Board of The Children’s Place, a non-profit organization devoted to meeting the developmental needs of young survivors of abuse, neglect and other trauma within the Kansas City community.
- J.D., with distinction, University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, 2001
- UMKC Law Review, Staff Member
- Order of the Bench and Robe
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Arizona, 1998
- The American College, London, England, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- The Children’s Place, Angel Board Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee, Former Chair
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$$