Kathleen Bruinsma represents individuals and businesses in a variety of civil litigation matters, including commercial, real estate, employment, and intellectual property disputes.
Kathleen’s clients – ranging from individuals and startups to small and midsized companies – value her direct and honest counsel, which comes from listening closely to their needs and goals and being open to solutions that work best for each client.Clients also value the creative and carefully-constructed strategies that she tailors to each matter. Kathleen has yet to encounter an issue in business litigation that she finds boring.
In the commercial arena, Kathleen has litigated individual claims and class actions involving credit defaults, secured transactions including mechanics’ liens, and ships’ mortgages under maritime law, as well as violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other federal consumer lending statutes. She also represents creditors in Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy proceedings in equipment lease and adversary actions.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Juris Doctor, 1997
- Providence College, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, cum laude, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Workforce Development Committee
Rate : $$$