Kathleen A. Carnes’s practice includes all aspects of labor and employment law in defense of employers. She specializes in advising employers regarding compliance with Title VII, the National Labor Relations Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and various other state and federal employment statutes and regulations.
Prior to joining the firm, she worked as an attorney for the National Labor Relations Board, where she investigated and prosecuted unfair labor practices.
She has also worked as the director of personnel for a large state agency/cabinet, where she oversaw all aspects of human resources including internal and external investigations, compliance with harassment/discrimination policies, as well as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and in-training for supervisors and employees.
Kathleen received her undergraduate degree from University of Louisville and her law degree from the University of Cincinnati, where she was an executive member of the Moot Court Board. She practices in state and federal courts, as well as numerous agencies and commissions.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- University of Louisville (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
Bar Admissions : Ohio, Kentucky
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati, University of Louisville Alumni Association, Executive Board
- Chase College of Law, adjunct professor (2007)
- United Way Leadership Council of Human Services Executives, Operations Committee
Rate : $$$