Kathleen Deutsch advises corporate clients, including entrepreneurs, seeking workable, unique solutions to legal challenges that involve an acceptable amount of risk. She has represented a variety of both publicly and privately held businesses in mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of securities, joint ventures, and general corporate matters.
She regularly advises companies on compliance with their reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and corporate governance requirements. She has also served as special counsel to committees of the boards of directors of public companies.
Ms. Deutsch served as outside general counsel for a cruise line for six years and represented the line in its public and private securities offerings and domestic and international joint ventures, including the restructuring of an operational joint venture that operates the Semester-at-Sea program, and the establishment of an operational joint venture with a publicly held land-based casino operator.
Ms. Deutsch has also represented a wide range of companies in other diverse transactions including serving as U.S. securities counsel for an Australian pearling company and representing it in connection with its registration of American Depositary Receipts with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude (1986)
- University of Miami, BA, Music Merchandising (1981)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Stanley Marcus, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Represented a publicly traded sportswear distributor in simultaneous public debt and equity offerings of more than $200 million in the aggregate.
- Represented a publicly traded health care services business in a “going-private” transaction with a private equity buyer for more than $40 million.
- Represented the Governor’s office of the State of Florida in the negotiation and documentation of the landmark Scripps Florida transaction.
- Chair, Executive Committee, Lawyers Associated Worldwide
- Past Chair, Leadership Miami
- Member, American Bar Association
- Has taught legal research and writing and appellate advocacy, University of Miami School of Law
Rate : $$$