Katie LaManna is Chair of the firm’s Corporate Trust Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group. She regularly represents her clients in commercial litigation, defaults, workouts, contract disputes, and other creditors’ rights matters.
She has extensive experience representing banks in their role as trustee, as fiduciaries for public and private debt, in connection with defaulted secured and unsecured financings and with leveraged leases.
She has been actively involved in some of the largest Chapter 11 cases filed in the United States and represents creditors in bankruptcy reorganizations, liquidations and workouts in Connecticut, New York, Delaware and throughout the country.
Katie has represented clients in major telecommunications, retail, health care, energy, and airline bankruptcies, including American Airlines, Inc., the Mesa Air Group, Inc., Delta Air Lines, Inc. and FLYi, Inc./Independence Air, Inc. bankruptcies.
She has represented her clients on numerous creditors’ committees and has been actively involved in all stages of the Chapter 11 process, including the successful enforcement of claims and negotiation of plans of reorganization and liquidation through confirmation.
Katie also represents clients in more general state and federal civil litigation matters relating to contract disputes, business litigation and commercial defaults, as well as in preference and avoidance actions in bankruptcy courts.
- American Bar Association: Litigation Section; Business Litigation Section; Commercial Litigation Section
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Hartford Association of Women Attorneys
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Turnaround Management Association
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Boston College, B.A., 1992, cum laude
Rate : $$$