Kathleen O’Connor Adams advises taxable and tax-exempt entities on a broad range of employee benefits issues, including issues related to tax-qualified retirement plans, 403(b) plans, non-qualified retirement plans for management and key employees, health and welfare benefits, and executive compensation.
Kathleen also provides advice to clients regarding employee benefits issues in the context of corporate mergers and acquisitions. In addition, she also has experience in advising clients on fiduciary issues, corporate governance, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) correction procedures, IRS and Department of Labor audits, and health information privacy.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathleen worked in the employee benefits field as a senior consultant at Ernst & Young, LLP. She is a certified public accountant.
- Assisted with responding to and resolution of Department of Labor (DOL) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits.
- Provided advice on day to day compliance issues with respect to benefit plans and assist with correction of such issues, including under the IRS Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS) and the DOL Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program.
- Counsel clients on benefits issues in mergers and acquisitions and provide advice on post-transaction benefit structures.
- Assist clients with corrections for operational failures under nonqualified retirement plans.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1999
- Drake University, B.S.B.A., 1994
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$