With a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, Kathleen A. Rheintgen utilizes her educational background to assist pharmaceutical clients with a broad range of intellectual property matters. Kathy’s intellectual property litigation experience includes managing pharmaceutical, as well as mechanical, patent cases in a variety of trademark and copyright infringement matters and trade secret and antitrust matters.
She also has experience in writing infringement opinions for patent, trademark and copyright cases. In the area of trademarks, Kathy has vast experience in the development and protection of trademarks, including counseling and management in corporate identity programs for New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq-listed companies, trademark clearance opinions and searches.
She also counsels clients on proper use of their marks and negotiating and drafting license agreements. Kathy has registered a number of product configurations as trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). She also has worked with clients and foreign associates to obtain worldwide protection for numerous marks and has managed a number of foreign filing dockets.
Kathy also handles all aspects of copyright law and has worked with clients to negotiate and draft employment agreements and agreements with independent contractors to ensure that an entity can obtain ownership to those works. Kathy’s experience includes :
- Representing a billion-dollar Canadian pharmaceutical corporation on Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) litigation and Hatch-Waxman patent litigation matters.
- Assisting a multinational postsecondary education provider with various trademark and copyright matters.
Kathy also helps clients develop proper in-house registration procedures for computer programs, periodicals and other creative work to ensure that clients maintain up-to-date registration.
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- B.S., University of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
Rate : $$$$