Kathy McLeroy has extensive experience resolving disputes as a litigator, mediator, and arbitrator. As a trial lawyer, she has substantial experience representing creditors in disputes with debtors in all forums, including state court, federal court, bankruptcy court, and in arbitration proceedings. Kathy regularly arbitrates and mediates disputes arising from contract disputes between health care providers. She works with judgment holders to enforce and collect large commercial judgments, both domestic and international.
She also represents commercial banks, mortgage holders, property owners, title insurers, and real estate developers in real property disputes and mortgage foreclosures. Clients seek her guidance on matters involving receivership law, and she serves as a real estate receiver and counsel for receivers.
Kathy earned her MBA and worked as a bank loan officer prior to attending law school. This experience informs her understanding of her banking clients’ perspectives, processes, and business needs and goals, particularly when handling disputes, collections, and foreclosures.
In 2004, Kathy was certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Civil and County Court Mediator. For more than 14 years she has also been certified to serve as a mediator in matters pending before the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida.
She mediates a variety of commercial disputes including commercial foreclosures, contract disputes, title disputes, and bankruptcy disputes. She is also qualified by the Supreme Court of Florida to serve as a Court-Appointed Arbitrator. Kathy is co-manager of the Tampa national trial practice group and prior chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1990)
- Member, Washington and Lee Law Review
- Burks Scholar, Sparks Scholar
- Louisiana State University (MBA, summa cum laude, 1986)
- Named Outstanding MBA Student 1986
- Louisiana State University (B.S., magna cum laude, Finance, 1982)
- Recipient of University Award in Finance 1982 (given to one student annually)
- Prior to attending law school, Kathy was a Commercial Loan Officer and a Consumer Loan Officer with Commercial National Bank, currently know as Regions Bank, in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Kathy taught Advanced Business Law at The University of Tampa as an adjunct professor.
Rate : $$$