Kathleen J. Swan is a Partner in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP where her practice focuses on corporate finance, venture capital, private equity, and institutional private placements. Kathleen has represented clients within a number of diverse industries, including health care, retail, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, and utilities operations.
She has represented both venture capitalists and angels in connection with their respective purchases of common and preferred stock; institutional investors in connection with the purchase of both senior and subordinated secured and unsecured notes; and investment bankers in connection with the sale of several corporations.
Kathleen lectures on entrepreneurship issues at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and participates in the New Venture Challenge. She is also a regular speaker for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, The Economic Club of Chicago (Member)
- Member, Women’s Business Advisory Board of Judy Barr Topinka, Treasurer of the State of Illinois
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Springboard Midwest (Chairman, 2005; Springboard Midwest 2001 and 2003 Forum Committee and Screening Committee Member)
Community Leadership :
- National Hemophilia Foundation (Former Member of Board of Directors, Chicago Chapter)
- University of Miami School of Law (Former Member of Young Alumni Visiting Committee)
- Member, University of Texas System’s Entrepreneurship Network Evaluation Committee
- Judge, Global New Venture Challenge (2016)
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1985
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 1980
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$