Kathrine A. McLendon is Senior Counsel at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett where she is a member of the Firm’s Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice. Kathrine’s practice covers a wide variety of bankruptcy and restructuring matters, ranging from representation of major secured creditors, key trade creditors and insurers in out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcies to representation of a Chapter 11 trustee in all aspects of a multiyear bankruptcy case with significant litigation stemming from massive pre-petition fraud.
In addition, she has extensive experience in the representation of parties acquiring companies and assets out of bankruptcy cases. She has had significant involvement in airline, energy, asbestos, real estate and technology bankruptcy cases.
Kathrine recently served on the Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York where she was active in the bankruptcy pro bono efforts of the Committee. She has also been active in the Business Bankruptcy Committee of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section, including serving as Secretary of the Committee and Chair of the Subcommittee on Bankruptcy Aspects of Business Transactions. She frequently lectures and writes on bankruptcy and reorganization.
Kathrine is a member of the bars of New York, Georgia and North Carolina. She received her A.B. magna cum laude from Davidson College, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and her J.D. with high honors from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she was a member of the North Carolina Law Review and elected to the Order of the Coif.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, 1980 J.D.
- With High Honors; Order of the Coif; North Carolina Law Review
- Davidson College, 1977 A.B.
- magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Committee (2004–2006)
- State Bar of Georgia
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association, Business Bankruptcy Committee (Secretary, Business Bankruptcy Committee, 1999–2002; Chair, Subcommittee on Bankruptcy Aspects of Business Transactions, Business Bankruptcy Committee, 1994–1998)
- North Carolina 1980
- New York 1985
- Georgia 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit 2007
Rate : $$$$