Kathryn B. Ashton is the chair of the firm’s US Health Care practice and a leader of the firm’s Global Health Care group. She concentrates her practice in health care transactional matters with an emphasis on finance.
Kathryn is a national tax-exempt finance attorney with experience representing underwriters, lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured financings. Kathryn serves as underwriter’s counsel, bond counsel, borrower’s counsel and counsel to credit and liquidity providers for health care, qualified small issue private activity bonds, bank qualified bonds and governmental financings.
In addition to her experience representing hospitals and health care systems in financings, Kathryn regularly represents banks and borrowers in the senior living and CCRC industry, including new financings and workouts of troubled credits.
In corporate transactional matters, Kathryn represents private and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, financings, dispositions and corporate restructurings. Kathryn also represents hospitals, health systems and physician groups in financing and general corporate matters.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1999, JD, with honors
- Drake University, 1994, BA, cum laude
Admissions and qualifications:
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Greater Illinois Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Corporate Advisory Board
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Rate : $$$