Kathryn Boucher is an associate in the Hartford office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice on energy and telecommunications law. She brings an energy and environmental policy background to her practice.
Kate counsels energy and utility clients on policy, regulatory, legislative, compliance, siting, environmental and transactional issues and appears before various state commissions on energy and communications matters. She helps clients minimize risk while addressing their regulatory, compliance, enforcement and transactional needs.
Prior to joining the Firm, she was an attorney for the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) where she advised PURA Commissioners and staff on legal matters.
She also represented PURA on the Governor’s Council on Climate Change as well as in other formal administrative and public proceedings. Kate received the 2017 George Dunn Award from the New England Conference of Public Utilities Commissioners for exemplary service to New England.
Kate has experience with matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and has worked on issues related to ISO-New England, the New England Power Pool and the New England States Committee on Electricity.
While attending law school, Kate served as President of the Environmental Law Society and was involved in Phi Alpha Delta, the Brehon (Irish) Law Society, and Public Interest Law Project. She also holds a Ski Industries Certificate from the University of Maine at Farmington.
- Regulatory counsel to a private solar developer in connection with a project financing transaction
- Counsel to competitive electric suppliers relating to regulatory and compliance matters in New England
- Counsel to a private solar developer in connection with Connecticut Siting Council matters
- Counsel to the New England Cable and Telecommunications Association, Inc. (NECTA represents all private cable operators in Connecticut and substantially all cable companies in the New England region)
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Staff Attorney, Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority, New Britain, Conn.
- Environmental Analyst, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, New Britain and Hartford, Conn.
Professional Affiliations :
- New England Women in Energy and the Environment
- Federal Communications Bar Association, New England Chapter
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Energy, Public Utility, and Communications Law Section
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2010
- M.B.A., Quinnipiac University School of Business, 2010
- B.A., International Studies, cum laude, University of Maine-Farmington, 2007
Admissions : Connecticut
Rate : $$$