Kathryn Caldwell represents private equity firms and their portfolio companies, investment advisers, health care companies, national retailers, and other clients in complex commercial disputes. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, internal investigations, qui tam litigation, and government investigation and enforcement matters.
She routinely conducts all aspects of discovery, and she has experience in motion practice and at trial. Katy also advises clients on anticipating litigation-related issues in the context of structuring complex transactions, and on managing compliance risks related to federal campaign finance laws and regulations.
Katy maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in claims for immigration relief such as political asylum and temporary protected status. Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Katy served as a judicial intern for the Honorable William G. Young of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2011; Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar; G. Joseph Tauro Scholar; Boston University Law Review , Note Editor
- BA (Social Relations & Policy and French), with High Honors, Michigan State University, 2008
- Massachusetts, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Trial counsel defending breach of contract and M.G.L. c. 93A claim in federal district court in Massachusetts.
- Represents investors and trustees of residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) in loan repurchase case pending in federal court in Connecticut.
- Defends hospital system in civil False Claims Act litigation involving implied certification claims and alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represents national grocery chain in defending consumer class actions arising from unauthorized network intrusions suffered by the client.
- Counseled several international investment advisers in ongoing investigations and litigation concerning FOREX transactions.
- Advises individuals and entities on campaign finance matters, including drafting internal compliance policies relating to campaign finance.
Rate : $$$$