Kathryn C. Ederle focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She has more than five years of experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of litigation matters. Kathryn also practices in white collar criminal defense matters. Prior to rejoining the firm, Kathryn was of counsel at a litigation law firm based in Atlanta, Georgia where she represented clients in commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings.
While previously at the firm, Kathryn was an associate in the Atlanta, Georgia office where she gained experience in commercial litigation, class action defense, and white collar investigation.
Kathryn also worked as a Legal Fellow at the Atlanta Legal Aid Society where she represented indigent clients in consumer, custody, and divorce proceedings.
While attending law school, Kathryn worked as a summer associate with the firm in 2007 and 2008. She participated in the William Minor Lile Moot Court Competition and served as a student attorney at the University of Virginia Immigration Law Clinic.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a dispute with its joint venture partner relating to the provision of mobile wireless telecommunications services on cruise ships in international waters. The dispute centered around the development of a mobile application that would directly compete with an offering provided by the joint venture. The joint venture partner announced its plans to launch the application at one of the cruise industry’s largest and most important annual expositions, implicating trade secret concerns, contractual issues, and confidentiality restrictions. The dispute was resolved before the need for court intervention.
- Conducted an internal investigation and represented a healthcare practice in responding to a civil investigative demand and investigation into whether the practice violated the False Claims Act. After over two years of investigating, the Department of Justice decided to close the matter without taking any action against the practice.
- Assisted corporate clients with responses to Civil Investigative Demands issued by U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and state Attorneys General.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. (2009)
- University of Florida, B.A., History (2003) Phi Beta Kappa, Valedictorian
- Georgia (2009)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$