Kathryn Hinton is an associate in the Firm’s Atlanta office, where she represents clients in a wide range of employment law matters, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, OSHA and class and collective action litigation.
In addition to representing her clients in litigation, Ms. Hinton counsels companies on employment law compliance and litigation avoidance, including drafting and implementing employment policies, procedures, and handbooks and providing advice on other HR-related issues. She also has experience assisting employers with investigating allegations of internal unethical and/or unlawful conduct.
Ms. Hinton regularly assists clients with health and safety issues, as well, guiding them through OSHA investigations and regulatory compliance. During law school, Ms. Hinton was an appellate intern for the Clayton County District Attorney’s Office. She also worked as a field placement intern for Chief Justice Carol W. Hunstein of the Georgia Supreme Court.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2011, with honors
- Dartmouth College, B.A. History, 2004
- Georgia, 2011
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Successfully defended client, including winning a motion for partial summary judgment, in wage and hour collective action lawsuit including claims of unpaid overtime, inappropriate payment of commissions, and inappropriate deductions.
- Successfully obtained complete defense verdict in favor of auto dealership and owner on claim for unpaid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Won jury trial against former high-level sales employees who launched competing venture in violation of their fiduciary duties to former employer on behalf of medical distributor.
Rate : $$$