Kathryn M. Starshak concentrates her practice in trademark law and copyright law. She is experienced in all aspects of trademark clearance, prosecution, licensing and enforcement.
Ms. Starshak manages global trademark portfolios for multi-national companies as well as local and worldwide non-profit organizations.
She regularly performs domestic and foreign trademark clearance, prosecution, maintenance and portfolio management, and her practice includes representation of clients in inter partes and ex parte proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also counsels clients on a variety of infringement and enforcement matters including online issues such as keyword advertising disputes and UDRP proceedings.
Ms. Starshak also negotiates and drafts agreements pertaining to trademarks and copyrights, including license and settlement agreements.
Additionally, Ms. Starshak provides advice to clients on proper trademark usage and reviews and clears marketing and advertising materials, Web sites and packaging for clients.
Ms. Starshak regularly represents clients in the electronics, clothing, consulting, consumer products, educational training, gaming, publishing and pharmaceutical industries.
- International Trademark Association
- Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition Committee
- Chicago Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Chicago Bar Association Orchestra
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2002, (summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Notes and Comments Managing Editor, DePaul Law Review)
- B.A., DePaul University, 1998
Rate : $$$