Kathryn S. McConnell counsels, trains, and defends multinational and domestic companies on employment and traditional labor law matters, including:
- Use, implementation and enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Discrimination, harassment and retaliation in the workplace
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour compliance
She regularly prepares and advises on non-competition, confidentiality, non-disclosure and other employment-related agreements, as well as the development of incentive and commission plans.
Katy is an experienced employment litigator who focuses on representing employers in complex employment litigation matters, including class and collective actions in the wage and hour and employment discrimination areas.
Katy regularly defends employers in state and federal courts across the U.S. in lawsuits alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, emotional distress, FLSA and FMLA violations, and other employment-related claims.
Katy has extensive experience defending and mediating charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and equivalent state and local administrative agencies, as well as the National Labor Relations Board.
She is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and, earlier in her career, worked in the London office of an international law firm.
- L.P.C., College of Law of England and Wales, 2005
- B.A., University of Cambridge, 2004
Professional & Community Affiliations : Board Member, VOX Teen Communications, 2016 – present
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Rate : $$$$