Kathryn H. Wade Ph.D. focuses her practice on intellectual property law. Dr. Wade has experience in domestic and foreign patent prosecution, particularly in the areas of biotechnology, disease treatment and diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and biomedical devices. She also has experience drafting opinions on patentability, invalidity, and non-infringement issues. Dr. Wade has provided intellectual property counsel to a variety of clients, ranging from start-up life sciences companies, to universities, to multinational biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Dr. Wade received her Ph.D. in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics from Emory University, where she designed and implemented molecular biology and biochemical experiments to study the interaction of proteins in the bacterium Bacillus subtilis. Dr. Wade did postdoctoral work at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention where she conducted molecular biology research to study the genetics of cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Wade was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice in 2019 and the eight years immediately preceding. She was also named a 2013 “Atlanta Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Biotechnology Law by The Best Lawyers in America®. Dr. Wade was the recipient of the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyer Foundation’s “One Child, One Lawyer” volunteer of the year award in 2009.
- Represents ProteoVec LLC and coordinates their international patent strategy. The firm has prepared and prosecuted patent applications involving genetic manipulation of avians using transposon-based vectors to produce therapeutic proteins and antibodies in their eggs and in cell culture.
- Represents minors who come before the juvenile courts in a variety of deprivation proceedings.
- Obtains patents and provides patent counseling for Strategic Diagnostics Inc. (“SDI”). SDI is a leading developer and manufacturer of antibodies, immunoreagents and immunoassay-based test kits for both field testing and laboratory use.
- Represents Bioniche Life Sciences Inc., a pharmaceutical manufacturer, on intellectual property issues including design and implementation of global patent strategy, preparing and prosecuting patent applications and assisting in IP due diligence.
- Georgia State University, College of Law, J.D. (2002) cum laude
- Emory University, Ph.D., Microbiology and Molecular Genetics (1999)
- North Carolina State University, B.S., Zoology (1992)
- Georgia (2002)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Rate : $$$$