Kathryn Warihay is an associate in Troutman Sanders’ Business Litigation and Environmental and Toxic Tort Litigation practices. Her practice includes representing corporate clients in civil litigation, environmental matters, and property rights litigation.
Kate graduated with honors from Emory University School of Law in 2013. She was selected to serve on the Emory Moot Court Board as the Director of the Emory Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court Competition where she wrote a challenging moot court problem on recent civil rights issues.
Kate is active in her community by coaching a local high school mock trial team on both civil and criminal case files. Her team was the Georgia High School Mock Trial 2012 Decatur Regional Winner, as well as the winner of several individual awards.
Representative Matters :
- Representation of national restaurant chain with respect to environmental due diligence for commercial real estate transactions. Representation also includes advice on potential liability and regulatory considerations, entering sites in state Brownfields programs, and negotiating contractual provisions.
- Representation of a municipality in toxic tort actions involving multiple state law claims and nearly 100 plaintiffs alleging property damage and personal injury as a result of environmental exposure.
- Representation of medical device manufacturer in multidistrict litigation involving thousands of lawsuits.
- Experience with wide variety of environmental regulatory schemes including the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Clean Water Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, and the Clean Air Act and state counterparts.
Related Practices and Industries :
- Environmental and Natural Resources
- Business Litigation
- Contaminated Sites and Waste Management
- Ecosystem Markets
- Release Reporting
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors, National Order of the Barristers, 2013, Best Oralist, Georgia Intrastate Moot Court Competition; Moot Court Society Board Member
- Elon University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$